-> BBQ Brethren "Breakfast" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Time to enter the Breakfast TD!

Eggs, hash browns, pulled beef arm roast, onions, sharp cheddar, SM Season All, salt, pepper and Tabasco!

(Please accept photo this as my official Noob Breakfast Entry!)
0eaa8f632a79d76a2ae92748d07d7db8_zpsd08ded4b.jpg

da468d848c50c9f7719674fe1d2ddfe7_zps11ef8696.jpg

1923f3f0b85014156de57ecb5c812453_zps344617b0.jpg

Accept this as my official entry into the Breakfast Throwdown.

As soon as I saw the title of this one, I knew I would be entering it. The wife (a.k.a. Mrs. Cack) and I started bouncing around some ideas, and this is what we came up with. Home made cinnamon rolls, smoked scrambled eggs, breakfast kebabs, and breakfast HASH browns with bacon, pork sausage, and pulled pork.

Mrs. Cack has been wanting the cinnamons rolls for weeks/months, so she got to make them :-D

While she was doing that, I whipped up the breakfast kebabs. I soaked some wood skewers and then layered bacon, ham steak, and sausage link all the way up.

They went on the grill around 350-400 for 45-50 minutes, rotating every 10(ish) minutes.

While I was out cooking, she worked on the kebab sauce.

The cinnamon rolls only needed 30 minutes to cook, so they joined the kebabs after 15 minutes.

I took the cover off of Jessica (my Lang), and saw this little fella ... everyone else gets cute dog points ... what about baby snake points? :laugh:

The cinnamon rolls and kebabs are almost done.

I did the bacon, sausage, eggs, and hash browns on the side burner. I don't have any pictures of the eggs or hash browns cooking, because by the time it was their turn things were coming off the grill and going on the smoker and going over here and going over there, so you get what you get.

The cinnamon rolls came off and the wifey iced them down ...

Use this for my "money shot"

For the rest of the cook ... http://onenine3bbq.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-breakfast-to-die-for-literally-itll.html

My official entry...

Nothing like some breakfast food for dinner.

I started by dicing up some red potatoes in my handy-dandy dicer thingie.

picture.php

I then put the diced potatoes in an oiled pan, seasoned them, and covered them with some bacon.

picture.php

Then onto the 18.5 OTG indirect to roast.

picture.php

After roasting, I let them cool for a second cook. I diced up the bacon for later use, as well.

I seasoned and grilled a nice breakfast cut of NY strip steak.

picture.php

Next came the eggs... organic free-range eggs. Yes, they are worth the extra money. They flat-out taste better.

picture.php

I sautéed some diced onion in butter and tossed on the diced bacon.

picture.php

Then, on with the eggs, with a splash of organic milk (also worth the extra money, IMO).

picture.php

I deep fried the cooled roasted potatoes, and served them with some grated cheddar. And here is the finished product.

picture.php

I am farking stuffed.

CD

I brought in a ringer

After seeing all the great entries so far, I decided it was time to take some extreme measures. I decided to call in some help.

After consulting with the chef, we decided on a course of an omelet, biscuits and gravy, sausage patty, and some bacon. All of the bacon and sausage is stuff that I made when we butchered hogs in December.

Part of the deal with the chef helping me was he wanted his face in the entry shot. So, since I am a man of my word, please use this picture as my official entry shot.

Creamed Grilled Chicken With Sauteed Mushrooms, Scallions and Spinach on Texas Toast

Official Entry! Did a trial run last week with sausage. Today, I happened to have some grilled chicken on hand.:becky: So, in butter, I sauteed some green onions, mushrooms, a little minced garlic, the cubed grilled chicken and spinach. Made another roux with bacon grease and flour, adding hot water and sour cream to make a thick gravy with lots of freshly ground black pepper. Served this up on Texs Toast with a couple eggs over easy. It was purty good. Here's a bunch of pics.

And the TD entry pic...

Pierced the yolk with a fork right before the shot.

newpig_zps678ebb02.jpg

Have you no shame? I mean who can compete with the cute pig crutch?:rolleyes:

Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown

Veggie Scramble, Potatoes O’Brian, Bacon & ABT’s

First I gathered the ingredients: (Allot of the veggies are from my garden)

IMG_4091_zps4a5181f6.jpg

IMG_4092_zpsa38bb222.jpg

5 Eggs
5 medium Red Potatoes (Chopped)
3 small to medium Zucchini’s
1 Huge Green Onion (Chopped) :twitch:
1 Red Bell Pepper
ÂĽ medium Yellow Onion
1 medium Tomato
Salt, Pepper & Hot Sauce (Cholula) to taste.
Bacon
Feta Cheese

IMG_4101_zpsfbf66f7c.jpg

IMG_4138_zps3acb544e.jpg

IMG_4142_zps1b3da525.jpg

IMG_4143_zpsfe106c47.jpg

Please use this as my plated Money Shot.
IMG_4150_zps9dc8ad04.jpg

IMG_4152_zps2ec235d3.jpg

Details of this cook can be found here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162943

Cinnamon/Apple Breakfast Fattie

Official TD Entry.

A friend of mine oooo'd and ahhh'd over a cinnamon/apple fattie I did a few years ago. It made a good breakfast! So I recreated it. Made the apple filling with brown sugar, a little turbinado, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, touch of salt and lemon juice. Cubed a granny Smith and a red delicious apple and added to the mix to make a syrup when the appled juiced. I constructed the fatty and cooked it in the kettle running at 325 with lump and a chunk of citrus wood. Then they were cooled down to wrap in crescent roll dough and baked for about 18 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
I figuered I needed to do a trial run since it had been so long. Glad I did, one looked like a mummy so we put a face on it. Now it looks like some kind of totem. The other one looked like a pupae...:doh:

Here are some pics.

See what I mean?

Sliced

And finally drizzled with the left over syrup.

TD Pic Here

Personally, I could've eaten these at this stage and would have been very happy.

I do have to admit though, that Redhot's final Wellington touch took it over the top. I'm glad she made two (Finished one off), because we get to have it again tomorrow!:whoo:

Back