I have started on the next builds as I had another two drums: They are in fairly good condition.
I decided that for these next two, I want to make a few changes. I will stick with the KISS principal:
- 2 x 3/4" inlets on the bottom and 1 x 3/4" ball-valve
- 1 x 2" exhaust on the lid with a directional exhaust pipe (to face away from/in to any breeze as needed) plus an additional 2 x 3/4" holes with caps and the existing 3/4" bung with a cap, should I need them.
- the charcoal basket needs to be more narrow than my first one, which is 8" tall and 18" in diameter - it's just tooo wide I think.
- the red silicone oven seal on the barrel rim works really well so I am repeating that.
- only one level of grill, 8" down from the rim, as I don't have a dome lid and won't use the upper grill much (if ever).
- handles - I need a more robust solution for handles so decided to make my own from some threaded SS rod and bolts and some wood I had - 'Grande Al BBQ' was born! I have made six of these.