Things I took away from the airing tonight -
1. Guest Judging - interesting approach and will give a different perspective with each episode. I would like to see Triggs as a guest judge.
2. My wife noted - that the judge directly stated he didn't like sweet yet the other two did; then asked how can you be a judge if you can't put personal preferences aside and judge on the cook at hand? Hit pause and had a 20 minute discussion - was interesting.
3. Was disappointed that one cook separated the Money Muscle ... I know the cook is not standard sanction or anything but still found it to be lacking integrity.
4. They did a little better job of trying to highlight the different techniques/approaches each team took and the end result.
5. As a pit master you need to know your meats and what is possible!
Idea for an episode: Do a where are they now for the season one.