View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #14
cabo
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default "Self Smoking"

On the subject of “self smoking”.
I have an acquaintance that likes to talk cooking with me. He’s a nice fella, but what he knows about Q would fit in a thimble, and you would still have room for a finger. He’s originally from California (sorry West Coast guys, I know you’re not all the same) but he’s been living here for quite a few years. He makes comments like, “if there is no sauce on it, it isn’t Q”, just to mention one. Once I asked him what kind of smoking wood he likes best. He answered me, “Oh, I don’t use wood, I have a gas grill”. Oh, I said, then where do you get your smoke flavor from? “Why from the fat dripping on the fire producing smoke….. Hence, “self smoking”. Have I tried to explain to him the difference, YES!!!! Is it working, NO!!!! He loves the taste of my Q, but he is VERY opinionated, and stone walls change. So, I gave up.
Think I’ll go find an old tire to stuff in the firebox for my next smoke

Cabo