***NOTE: This TD has been extended an additional day due to the US Labor Day Holiday***
Well the voters decided! Instead of "Cook it Like Moose", the overwhelming choice was a second round of Noobs vs Vets!
Last year's Noobs vs Vets was enormously popular, with 135 entries!
Here's Last Year's Noobs vs Vets Voting Thread
Will this year's Noob Crew vindicate themselves with an all new crew and better strategy, or will they once again be taken down by the dashing crew of the mighty S.S. Farkanaut?
Only time will tell!
So here's the scoop:
1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY, Standard Throwdown Rules
apply, and anyone who has participated in 2 or fewer TD's prior to 5/31/2013 will be on the Noobian team, while everyone with 3 or more TD's prior to 5/31/2013 will be on the Veteran team!
2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED for this TD only! Please enter often!
3. Since this is an open category, you may enter whatever you like so long as the main dish or ingredient is either smoked or grilled as per standard throwdown rules.
4. This Throwdown will last through September 2!
5. You can submit entries from other throwdowns that run during the course of this one!
6. Voting will be decided thusly:
All Noobians and currently enlisted and veteran Farkanauts who choose to participate will each submit entries of their choosing. The winning group will be decided by a tally of most votes, i.e. if the Noobians have the most collective votes, the Noobians win.
7. Please specify at the top of each entry whether it is for the Noobian or Veteran Team.
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/31 through Monday 9/2.
Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Tuesday morning 9/3.
Please specify at the top of each entry whether it is for the Noobian or Veteran Team.
Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...especially take note of:
The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary actions WILL happen.
Click HERE to go to the off topic, often nonsensical discussion thread.
Best of luck and even better eats to all!