View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #178
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
we are working hard on V2.
Old buyer can either return and ask for refund
or wait for wGrill V2
V2 will add built-in clock, graphing up to 20 hours, and plug&play connecting to Internet.
What does plug and play connection to the internet mean? Right now V1 won't connect to an existing Wifi network. That's what most of us care about. If I can get it to connect to my wifi network I'm happy. I can get it onto the internet if I really want to.

In order to connect it to my home network without me having to add a second access point V2 would have to support WPA-PSK (TKIP) or WPA2-PSK (AES). I can add a second access point (but would prefer not to) but then V2 would have to support an open network (no encryption) or WEP 64 or 128 with a hex password.

Here is what the CyberQ Wifi supports.
  • WEP - Wired Equivalent Privacy. Supposed to give roughly the same level of security as a wired network. This was the original
  • security setting on wireless networks. In the CyberQ Wifi it must be a value containing the characters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F
  • (hexadecimal value). WEP 40 requires 10 Characters, WEP104 requires 26 characters.
  • WPA - Wi-Fi Protected Access. Provides better encryption than WEP and also has user authentication.
  • WPA2 - a more secure version of WPA which provides "government grade" security. There are two versions of WPA2 - Personal &
  • Enterprise.
  • WPA AUTO Automatically selects a WPA or WPA2 network
  • WPA or WPA2 PASS Uses a pass phrase instead of hex values.
  • OPEN No Encryption pass required.

The CyberQ Wifi works just fine on my network.

The Naked Fatty!

4x Hunsaker Cans/Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote