-> BBQ Brethren "I've Got a Bone to Pick With You!" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Jed, that's fantastic Osso Buco! Something very odd happened yesterday: Before you posted your entry, I was thinking I would enter Osso Buco on this TD. A few hours later, The Missus came home with some lovely veal shanks that were on sale!

With your entry, I'll be going in a different direction on this TD, though.

Jed, that's fantastic Osso Buco! Something very odd happened yesterday: Before you posted your entry, I was thinking I would enter Osso Buco on this TD. A few hours later, The Missus came home with some lovely veal shanks that were on sale!

With your entry, I'll be going in a different direction on this TD, though.
Demented people think the same way :crazy:

This cook is for my constant Companion anytime I am smoking, My 6 year old Rottweiler Mitzi, She weighs in at 100lbs and Loves to be outside watching the smoker. She gets very excited when you ask her if should fire the smoker up.

We already had a couple of pork butts on the smoker for the Human family, so I decided to go off the wall with this throwdown and Smoke a large Beef Bone for our Rottie.

bone1.jpg

This large Beef Bone went on the smoker for about an hour, long enough to give it some color and hopefully a bit of flavor.

bone2.jpg

One of these days I am going ot have to make a Beef stock by first smoking the Bones...

Entry shot
bone2b.jpg

I wonder what was going through her mind at that moment... but she quickly picked it up and went over to the fence line.

Who said dogs don't smile? she seems to be very happy about her new giant smoked bone. looks at that big smile.

bone3.jpg

I don't think she is going to want to share...

It had been a while since I made ribs, so I decided I would make some on Sunday. I picked up some St. Louis Cut Ribs from Costco and I committed myself to a different approach than my normal method. This is my official entry to the " Gotta Bone to pick with you" Throwdown.

One rack seasoned with 2 parts coarse black pepper and one rack seasoned with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. I used oak for smoke and these bad boys cooked at 260 degrees.

No Flipping, No Foiling, No Saucing, No Spraying. Just opened up the egg 5 hours 15 minutes later and discovered nothing but goodness.

Yep, they bend! :)

Please use this as my voting photo for the "I Gotta Bone to pick with you" Throwdown.

Without a doubt, the S&P ribs were the best i've ever eaten! :cool:

I see rubs sometimes with catchy names so sometimes i buy them. i saw this in ace hardware and had to try it since people talk so gokd about john henrys rubs. went to HEB after shooting some pool, i found this really nice select porterhouse, 24oz, snagged that mohunker up, seasoned and cooked on the grill grates. Around 600. I never can get enough good steak and garlic green beans. Topped with ranchmans butter! Yum. Ate the whole thing, and the puppy dog was a happy camper also.
01f136c1.jpg

272df817.jpg

Lets use this one for the throw down
9d36d954.jpg

e734ab30.jpg

6de8065a.jpg

Cane Syrup Glazed Stuffed Pork Chops

I'm all in for the "Bone In" Throwdown. In some areas maple syrup is king but where I come from it's cane syrup. I love stuffed pork chops so here is my version.

Here's some of the key players.

DSC01344.jpg

I took some thick loin rib chops and made a pocket. I took the stuffing out of the casing and into the chops it went.

DSC01346.jpg

Seasoned up with my cajun seasoning blend. Then on the cooker so they could get happy.

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

I made a glaze with cane syrup chicken stock and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Served with wild pecan rice and grilled zucchini.

This is my entry shot.

DSC01375.jpg

I almost forgot a pic of the stuffing.

DSC01378.jpg

Thanks for looking.

First throwdown

This is my first throwdown, so please take it easy on me and let me know if there is a problem with my entry

First up was to prepare the bone-in pork chops, after they marinaded in red wine all day they were dried off and coated with a home made seasoning mix

image.jpg

They were then taking to the grill to be cooked over indirect heat

image.jpg

Next is suppose to be pictures of them being seared over high heat, but the rain kept that picture from happening and also caused me to pull them a little early and not get the sear I wanted. But here they are resting

image.jpg

After resting for a few minutes they went in to the red wine- balsamic sauce

image.jpg

They were then pulled out to rest one more time while everything else was finished up

image.jpg

And here is my official entry shot

DSCF1012.jpg

thanks for looking

Super nice Job! Can you send some to me for tasting. I would really appreciate that. They look great! Keep on cookin and I'll keep on lookin'
Jed

WOW! Super entries ALL!

To the Powers that be, Since Monday is Memorial Day, Any chance of getting the deadline for entries extended 24 hours? I understand if that is not the case.

Back