View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #93
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddweatherholtz View Post
Just remember #1 thing is taking care of your guest, go above an beyond. You need to not be afraid to lose money at first. over staff. Never should someone walk in on a tuesday lunch and because you were afraid it was going to be slow and only have one server and a cook on and a you are suddenly busy and under staffed, that is a killer. If you mess up a order fix it 3 fold, comp it, and give them a gift cert. You or your managers should talk to ever single guest that comes in and get to know them. Treat every guest like a regular. And finally last bit of advice is to get involved in the community. I have been in this business a long time and it is usually not the food that makes or breaks a new place, it is the service and the over all exeprience.

Good luck, can not wait to see how it goes!! Maybe start a franchise and come to Maryland!
From a consumer's standpoint you could not be more spot on. I can tell you this. If I ever get the feeling or the impression that my business isn't appreciated in an eating establishment I'll never frequent the place again. No matter how good the food is. There is a place in Bossier City, LA that I'll NEVER frequent simply because of bad, arrogant, snotty service. They hire eye candy waitresses and obviously do not train them about service and appreciation of customers. Service there is AWFUL.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->