View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #52
K-JUN
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hey Marubozo
I have some real life experience from the supply side of the restaurant industry. I spent a short time working in a restaurant kitchen in the late 70's. Then spent the next 30 years at a restaurant equipment dealership. I can't tell you how many times I have sat across the table from a person with no restaurant experience as they shared their dream of opening a restaurant. The vast majority had no idea what they were up against in pursuing their dream.

That being said from what I have read you seam to have a firm grip on reality and a good plan for success.

"Meet the health inspector at the building you're considering and walk through it with them before you even consider making an offer.
Finally, money. Come to the table with some money and don't go into unnecessary debt. "

This is great insight and it seems so basic but you wouldn't believe how many people never consider doing it.
Some forget about the cost of inventory. Food and liquor provers don't sell on credit.
Lots are not prepared for the amount of attention a new restaurant gets when they first open. They will advertise the crap out of their opening and simply can't handle the crush of people who want to try "the new restaurant". They make lots of mistakes because everyone is trying to learn the new system which will inevitable need to be streamlined over time.
You know all the clichés about first impressions and it is especially true in the restaurant business. If someone has a good experience they will tell two people, if they have a bad one they will tell ten.

Anyway it looks like you are going in with realistic expectations and a good plan. I wish you the best and will be following your progress.

Brady

Cajun Grill by Percy Guidry; 22.5" WSM; GMG Daniel Boone; Crown Verity Gaser
K-JUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->