So I got the fire basket in the mail yesterday and my first impression is it is a lot smaller than I thought. I plan to do some ribs on Sunday but I did have some time to play with it a bit. First thing I did was remove the ash sweeper which wasnt hard at all, just wiggled the handle loose and it all came apart. The base of the fire basket is not big enough to cover all three air inlets so I used aluminum tape to seal up two of them and placed the fire basket over the third hole.
Next I made a really crude valve out of tin foil(imagine a T-ball stand), here is the valve shut:
Here is the valve open:
Here is the fire basket installed with the top grill on:
Ill report back after Sunday with my thoughts on the wGrill as well.