View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsports View Post
-What stove do you find yourself gravitating towards when you want cook something substantial (briskets, shoulders, ribs)?
In my current arsenal? The Pit Barrel hands down. Its so easy to use and turns out an awesome pork butt for pulled pork. Haven't done a brisket on it yet but the time is coming to make that step. The UDS and the Coleman are my two rib cookers. The one that gets used depends on how many racks I am cooking. The Coleman can fit one and a half racks on one of two grates if the racks are cut in half. The UDS takes em whole with 3 able to fit on each grate for a total of 6 at one time. Not a huge fan of PBC ribs for some reason, though I've only done them on it once.

Quote:
-What are your other options (if any)?
Other options are in the signature; OTG 22.5" weber kettle and a OTS 18.5" Budweiser edition Weber kettle.

Quote:
-Why do you use this particular unit, as opposed to another?
PBC? Ease of use, and good fuel mileage

Quote:
-If you could add one unit to your BBQ "stable", what would it be and why?
Without a doubt, a trailer mounted Lang 60 Deluxe or a Meadow Creek TS120. Really, some type of quality RF that is large enough to cook for a ~100 person party, is competition worthy and ready, tow-able by a smaller size pickup, and still small enough to be fired up on the weekends to cook 3 or 4 slabs of spares while me and the guys watch the Sunday Sprint Cup race.

Thanks from:--->