So, none of you remember, but I posted a build thread waaaaayyy back HERE
Well, life got busy, and the smoker stayed 1/4 built until about a month ago. With some assistance from a fabricator buddy, we finally finished the smoker. I had some design issues pointed out to me in the original thread, but it was too far welded to change. Primarily the top load firebox. I did switch it to a hinged door instead of the slider.
I still need to do the draw calculation and cut the exhaust. It is shown here with test burning some walnut. smoke only coming out of the stack!
Tomorrow night I am going to fire her up with a couple of fatties and a 2lb slab of belly. Then in with both feet Friday with two butts and maybe a brisket. I'll post pics. Wish me luck!!