View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
ButtBurner
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
Yeah, personally I don't get why these are the bane of so many a griller.

I don't do them often, but like to grill em up once in a while. While I prefer skin on, bone in breasts over the skinless, boneless variety, I still like to grill up several at a time and then slice them for later use in salads, etc. Sometimes we even actually EAT them for dinner right off the grill!

I agree.....direct grilling doesn't work well. To me, the secret is watching the internal temp. I pull em off when they hit 145-150. Then they're still nice and juicy. I prefer to not put any sauce on chicken, grilled or smoked. I like to season them liberally and cook em up that way.
I never use a thermo on them, I can tell. But like I said I have been doing them forever, my wife refuses to eat the skin for health reasons so I figure why fight it.

I have been doing them once a week forever. I would rather do bone in skin on breast halves, sometimes I do one just for me

The ones in the pics had Plowboys Yardbird rub and doctored up over the counter sauce

Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ButtBurner is online now   Reply With Quote