View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHusker View Post
cali, I'm planning an outdoor kitchen myself so I've got a couple of comments. By “score it tight, like 30” centers” I believe landarc is saying to cut expansion slots in the concrete to control where cracking occurs. I have a large patio. I went for looks instead of prevention and didn’t put enough expansion slots in. I now have some cracks where I should’ve put them in.

I looked at the SS cabinetry you show (at my local Lowes) and I wasn’t that impressed. You may have a different opinion but I’d physically look at them before I’d buy them online.

Finally, doing it right may cost a little more to start but is cheaper in the long run that having to replace or redo something.

Good luck.

Thanks for your comments. I have not seen the cabinetry physically - went to Costco but they did not have any pieces on display. The price is tempting though compared to Fire Magic or CalFlame. Would you recommend any brand in particular?

I agree with paying a little more up front if it saves me some heartache and headaches later on. The initial proposal from the stamped concrete guy mentioned something about "18" center" but I don't know if that is better or worse than what landarc mentioned above. I will get some clarification this evening when I meet with the guy.

Did you get stamped concrete when you did your outdoor kitchen? I would be interested in hearing about your experience re; restaining or other defects.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote