View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

A few ideas.

1. For lighting, I do not like pole lighting for outdoors, unless you are in a parking lot or playing basketball. Go with low voltage ligting, but, from a professional grade supplier. I like Vista Lighting. Use a mixture of path lighting for the walks and patios, uplight the trees a little bit, not "Vegas Baby" style. For the cooking areas, look at task lighting certain areas. This can be done with overhead lighting on trellises, or with lamps on flexible necks in key prep areas.

2. Always consider dominant wind direction when choosing to site your cookers. Since you are going to design the locations of the cookers, consider where you can place them, so the smoke can get up and over both your cooking area, casual patio space and all of the adjacent houses. Try to place them so nobody has to deal with the smoke.

3. Generally, in a kitchen, more than 4 to 5 steps and things are a pain. Consider this when laying out the work areas. If you can, have prep and cooking areas just a few feet apart. Proper work flow generally places pantry, then cold, then prep, then cooking. It is nice to have two sinks, a large double in the prep area and a smaller one on the side, so other folks can access water.

4. Plan for a fire extinguisher, someplace easy to get to, but, out of the way. This really means, plan for all the little things you might want or need, that often get forgotten. Paper towel holders, butcher paper holders, a dry drawer outdoors for lighters, matches, batteries etc... Even towel racks, which you can easily take for granted, sure make cooking outdoors a lot more fun.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->