View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #47
slow-smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahog2002 View Post
Very nice outdoor room. I have recessed lighting on my back patio. My light are on two circuits with a dimmer on each. Make sure to wire it for a ceiling fan and speakers and cable tv. Much easier now to hide the wiring in the ceiling. Also consider electric outlets in the collumns. We have used those for Xmas lights, electric fans, smokers, etc.
I'm doing something similar as each row of lights is on an alternating circuit with a dimmer. I'll have two outdoor rated ceiling fans and outlets in and outside the utility closet (not yet built). I'm also having a floor drain installed next to the smoker which will tie into the gutter drains. I hadn't thought about having TV out there, but now that you mention it... hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Our carport has a white ceiling and we really aren't having much of a problem since it's open to the elements on three sides.
My old carport had a flat metal roof. I never had a problem when it was just my grill or the small upright dual-fuel smoker, but after I got the Klose BYC in there, the volume of smoke hitting the low ceiling started turning it black. That was made worse when condensation on the underside turned it into black rain. I was able to remedy that by adding a smoke stack extension which took the smoke out and above the carport.

_

48" Klose Backyard Chef, _ Primo Oval XL
Stealth-Grey Thermapen, Maverick ET-732
slow-smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->