View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESY View Post
Awesome you guys, this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the tip on lumberjack pellets, I'll have to get a quote. I'm going to order the cooker today!!!

I have two questions

-Is there any advantage to ordering through all things bbq vs Yoder directly?

-How many thermo probes can you fit through one probe port?

Thanks for all the input.
My sale was processed through ATBBQ. I would say just call them and they will get you set up.

As for the probe ports, if you look closely at the picture you will see a rubber grommet that is inside of the ports. As you unscrew the port the opening expands, and as you tighten the port it closes up. That way you get a good seal and the hot air isn't just blowing out all of the time. With the grommet in I have squeezed 3 probes in one port, but that is very tight and very tough to get the ports back out. If you remove the grommet, you can get at least 6-8 I would think.

Congrats with your future purchase! You will love your grill.

I'd like to hear your feedback on the GrillGrates. That is one thing I haven't got yet since I have so many other grills, but they are tempting me. I do like the griddle though.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT(L), SJG(AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT(L)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote