View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
scayne62
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
If you are worried about the turkey not being good reheated. Cook the turkey to 160 (carry over cooking will bring it to 165 when salmonella is killed instantly) and then pull it and off. Let it cool and into the fridge. Next day throw it in the at 350 oven covered and take it to about 140ish, then uncover it and jack the oven up to 400-425 and bring it up to 160-165ish. This will bring it to a safe internal temperature and give you a nice crispy skin. Pull it out and let it rest 15mins and slice. The turkey will be a little bit dryer than a turkey fresh out of the cooker, but it will still be nice and moist and not dry.

I still don't think leaving a smoker completely unattended for 3-4 hours is a smart thing. There have been too many stories of people burning through their deck or setting something on fire and that is with them doing things inside the house. Imagine if this happens when nobody is at home and the possible consequences.

I like this idea, I am not worried about burnign the place down, as lonmg as the dog, wife and kid were out I wouldn't complain to much, j/k. anyways, I think the cookign it the night before and having the wife reheat it the next day will be my best bet in this situation that way I can keep and eye on it, she is perfectly capable of running the vents and such to keep it steady but I worry it will be done to fast and she will not be able to get it out of the UDS with dropping it. Thanks for all the advice and cautions, I will report back and let y'all know how it turns out and maybe even put up some PrOn for ya.

Thanks from:--->