View Single Post
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #112
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
To access a WIFI equipment to Internet via a router needs IT knowledge.
Amigatec and WWFB are not talking about accessing it from the internet. They are trying to use infrastructure mode to put it onto their own Wifi network. This is not accessing it from the internet.

I asked about this earlier in the thread and you told me that all of the setting were available. If the SSID and WEP can be configured and either the IP address can be set statically or the device supports DHCP, this should be no problem. It took me less than 5 minutes to set up my CyberQ Wifi for my home network. The ability to do this is the main reason I decided to buy the wGrill. Ad hoc mode is useless since it requires my iPhone or iPad to be on a dedicated network with the wGrill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Looks good! Can it be equipped with two food probes instead of one pit probe and one food probe?

Also, do you think I could run two of those on the same network? Is the IP address configurable? How about the Wifi parameters (SSID, WEP, etc.)
Quote:
yes I can send 2 meat probes.
One computer can link to one wGrill.
If there are a few wGrills at same place when competiting, you can simply give different name to each wGrill.
Regarding access wGrill to Internet, it is up to each buyer. We do not offer any support.
But we guarantee direct talk between wGrill and Computer. No setting is needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
OK... Just to make sure that I understand...

1. The IP address is fixed?
2. Is the Wifi ad hoc mode only? No configuration of SSID? Wep?

I want to put it on my wireless network so I can access the WGrill and the internat at the same time. Ad hoc mode would mean that my computer (or iPhone or iPad) wouldn't be able to be on the internet at the same time.
Quote:
IP address can be changed by user.
Wifi has SSID Wep
yes you can talk to wGrill and also access Internet at same
Quote:
To access a WIFI equipment to Internet via a router needs IT knowledge.
the controller LION has given me a big lesson. There are several discussions on the posts of LION about accessing WIFI equipment to Internet.
Still some successed. Other failed.
It is really up to each user.

But at least wGrill can be monitored from smart phone and computer as iGrill.
and WIFI has long distance than bluetooth.
wGrill can be monitored by most operating sytem
iGrill for iPhone can not work with android.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote