Thread: Performer
View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
benniesdad
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

IMO it definitely is worth it, but that really depends on how you use it and how much you use it. If all you are going to do it use it to lite a chimney of charcoal and pour it back in the Performer, then starter cubes will do the same thing for you with just a little more hassle. Where the Touch-N-Go really shines is if you use the charcoal baskets in your Performer because you can lite the charcoal directly in them and keep your charcoal in them for easy handling. If you smother out the fire by closing off all the vents, all you have to do the next time is open the vents, give the baskets a shake, put some new charcoal on top if needed and then push the button. I also use the gas igniter to lite charcoal for my other grills and WSM. I know other people do it, but I have never felt comfortable lighting charcoal on top of a side burner or a normal gas grill, but that is me. In other words, I use mine a lot.

Personally I think Weber made a bonehead move only making it available in their top of the line Performer and packaging it together with a goofy timer. I wish instead they would have expanded its availability to other models. But hey, that is called marketing.