View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #18
Babbling Farker

Originally Posted by NorthernMN View Post
Not hijacking at all, I think its good to talk about what everyone else has learned with some of the cheaper pits too. I looked at them when I first started looking but soon realized why they are cheaper than the yoders. For some people they work great with a few mods but for me I want one that will last many years as I tell my wife this should be the last we buy, haha doubt that is true though. I also want the thicker gauge walls because I need the heat retention when smoking in the winter.
I live in Michigan and bought this on Super Bowl Sunday. I have used it in the snow and it works real well. I have pics of it with snow piled around it and running at 275 burning 1 stick every 30-45 mins or so.

But I sure would like a nicer one. Just cant justify it with how well mine works.

I wish Lang was closer to me, I really like the 36 patio. it would be perfect for me.
Michigan Custom 'Que
"Serving Those Who Have Served US"
Shirley Fabrication Custom Smoker
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified please consider a small donation to help us pay for our charity BBQ efforts for veterans and homeless groups!!!
ButtBurner is online now   Reply With Quote