View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newenglandbbqer View Post
I don't want to do it because its easy but because of how cool it would be to have a bbqmobile also i am going to a technical high school to be a machinist so the fab shouldnt be that hard.and it's a project for a year or 2 down the road so the design process will be over a year so every little detail should be worked out by the time I get to build it. Lastly I might make it with a diesel truck so that gets rid of some of the exploding gas tank problems and the gas fumes problem.
The "wow" factor would be cool, but do you really want to destroy the a$$ end of a diesel truck with an experiment? Not trying to talk you out of it just trying to explain the logistics side of doing it. Diesel fuel is still flammable too don't forget.

Besides, if you plan on owning a diesel truck 2 or 3 years down the line, why don't you consider building (especially since you are in tech high school for machining) a large custom trailer pit from the ground up. Buying one can cost you a couple thousand while building one yourself will only cost you a couple hundred and your in-class shop time. Best thing to do would be to talk to your shop teacher about it and try to get him on board to do it as a class project. That will reduce cost too as most high school shops get materials at manufacturer cost instead of the going consumer market rate.

Just some thoughts.