View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
Yes. They are that good. They are faster than any 'cheap' alternative. Whether or not that extra speed is relevant is up to the buyer. I have a Thermapen and the Maverick PT-100. I like the PT-100 myself and I still have both but the Thermapen has moved into my girlfriend's kitchen to be her candy thermometer... I also think the thermapen is probably a 'tad' faster than the PT-100 and maybe 1 degree more accurate. So basically, I think they are equal. Here's my comparison video on those two products:

Maverick PT-100 vs Thermapen - YouTube
i also have both the TP and PT-100 and i acually use both regularly. i got my PT-100 for $40 and you just cant beat that for the price. i probably use my TP more often because its a bit faster and seems more responsive. my only problem with the TP is it DOES NOT have a screen that lights up so when i'm using it outside at night(very often) its harder to see the display. this is the #1 reason why my PT-100 gets used regularly. On the other hand, the TP uses a lithium battery that will last a VERY long time. Before i pulled the trigger on my TP i was hesitant because almost $100 seemed like a lot of money for a weekend warrior like myself but i bought the TP and i'm glad i did. you'll be happy if you buy one also. no shame in the PT-100, either, it's also a nice product.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->