View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #70
Outnumbered
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

^^^But there are times that could happen. (And I honestly believe we're agreeing here.)

For instance, if you turn in 7 bones and one wasn't done properly and it was tough. The other 5 judges got a bone with good tenderness and you get 8s and 9s, but that 6th judge selected the wrong bone and a jackhammer wouldn't pull it off the bone. So you get a 7 for tenderness. By most judging standards today, that would give you a 7 in tenderness, but the scoring range says that should actually be a 4 or maybe even a 3.

But nobody is going to score a 4 because the "teams spend too much money" or "I don't want to fill out a comment card."

I don't see how giving me a 7 to make me feel better about myself when I really deserved a 4 for tenderness is going to help anyone.

But if you're going to go that way, you have to make sure you're going to get an honest opinion from all the judges. If not, you're opening the door to really getting a lucky table draw for a win. If that happens, I hope I get the table of nice old ladies who don't want to hurt anybody's feelings and everyone else gets the judges who do it correctly.

When I die, my goal is to have a visible smoke ring when the coroner cuts me open for the autopsy.
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote