View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
Toney Marconi
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackdogbbq View Post
Hey there Toney Macaroni, just bought the very same setup this past weekend off of CL in about the same shape. I think it is the old Genisis silver b or c. These were about $500.00 new and it is a Weber so even old it is still better than many new grills you will find.

I bought mine for cooking pizza only. I use my Genisis S quite a bit and was getting smoky flavor on pizza from past cooks even though I burn it off and clean grates before every cook and in general keep it pretty clean.

Just as you did a pressure wash, a little Rustoleum and a new homemade side table and this thing will live on.

Hmmmmm ..... Pizza Cooker huh? Did you make any mods to cook pizza? I only paid 10 bucks for it. The thrift shop wanted $20 but I convinced the guy it was worth $10 to me for the lid, but probably had 0 value to anyone else. As best as I can tell, it is (was) probably a Genesis 5000 series.

If I can think of something creative to use it for, I may save it from the landfill. But I don't need another gasser, don't have room for another gasser, and don't want to sink a lot of money in to another gasser unless I can mod it to do someting that my other gasser can't. I'm open to suggestions - practical or otherwise.