View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #9
Cack
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post
With the small photos it's hard to tell but the first photo doesn't look like the bacon is cooked enough to me. Cookin' bacon in the oven is my favorite way to do it indoors but the cook temp and technique used can really make for time variation. I like my breakfast bacon a little on the chewy side instead of crisp so I lay out the bacon, put in the oven and then turn the oven on and set it to 375. This technique will give you the widest window of opportunity to get the bacon out alive my favored way, however if you would put the bacon in a preheated 425 oven it will take a lot less time than my method as will the thickness of the bacon but the window of opportunity is narrow. You'll need to practice with it a little bit I think.

That was what I did. I put it in and turned the oven on to (375 I think) and it said it'd take it 17-20 minutes ... maybe next time I let it preheat a little before I throw it in and try it that way.

Sounds like a Bacon experiment

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET73, Maverick ET72

Check out my all things food (and movies) blog One Nine 3 Blog or at my Facebook Page

If you're a fellow Carolina Brethren come join us and be a part of the region where BBQ was born in America.
Cack is offline   Reply With Quote