View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #59
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbbq1234 View Post
I think the reps and sanctioning body should stress to the judges that "most" competitors take these events very serious and note that they invest a lot of time, effort and for the most part money into this.

They need to stress that their scores have a great effect on the outcome and DO NOT TAKE A SCORE LIGHTLY!

Let it go from there.

As for mandatory comment cards, I don't think that's a reality and it would probably end up being worse then it is now with too few.

Yes, I would like comment cards, but when all is said and done, I pretty much know when I have cooked a bad product.

wallace
At MOST of the contests that I've judged the REPs did exactly that! They almost always tell the judges that the cooks spent a lot of time and money to present the boxes that we are to judge and that we should give them the best scoring effort as well.

I will throw this out (IMHO), I cook in competition as well as judge and know the time, effort and money that it takes; HOWEVER, the boxes we judge are to be judged on particular criteria relating to Appearance, Taste, and Tenderness, and I've never seen an indicator on the scorecard for how much a team spent to submit that box as a criteria.

Judge seriously and to the best of your ability - YES
Take into consideration the amount of money spent - NO
otherwise the EZ-UP/WSM team could NEVER win!!!
OBJ - BBQCritic.com
CTC - KCBS
Pitmaster and chef - "4 Lil' Pigs" Competition BBQ Team
Author of "A 'Q' Review"
Lang Hybrid Smoker, BDS, Holland "Epic"
bbq.tom is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->