View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
Thats a great idea, you can even sit your basket on the lower charcoal grate and just wrap the grate in tin foil to create a flange.

I have my Kettle tucked away in my shed right now but I will get measurements for you(distance from the lower charcoal grate to the higher grill grate) once I break it out for the year. If I had to venture a guess for the distance I would say its about 8-9 inches. The lower charcoal grate is 19 inches in diameter.

A suggestion, could you make the lid of your fire basket upside down? This way it would catch the drippings for easy clean up instead of allowing it to drip all over the kettle.
"sit your basket on the lower charcoal grate and just wrap the grate in tin foil to create a flange.", that is really a great idea than making a flange.
If I add metal flange, size and weight will increase and shipping cost will be much higher. Total I expect extra cost $30

Lid Upside down: the grease will still drip to your kettle. I may need to make a pan. But the the pan is just above the fire. if there is grease on the pan, there is still grease fire.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote