View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #19
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Being that this thread was titled "fire basket to upgrade WEBER KETTLE" I was speaking specifically for kettle use only and not for your version of the PBC.

If I were to remove the three blades as you suggested there would be 3 air inlets which I would no longer have control over:

If I cannot control air flow I cannot control temps manually. If theres no desire on your part to make this work with the Kettle I would suggest deleting this thread to avoid confusion. I thought your design had functional merit but there was a design flaw with the blades being in the way.

Also, you give the option to a Kettle user of having basically half the cooking space(1x 22inch grill) of a UDS for $60, this is in a very good price point to be competitive for what you are offering. There is very little installation for the user if you can find a way for the basket to sit tightly/firmly against the blades. Finally, the user still has a fully functioning grill with the removal of fire basket. To me, that takes this design from good to great.

Last edited by Toronto; 04-13-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote