View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

Since I actually have a couple minutes right now, and just saw this thread again, and remembered all that stuff about butcher paper and Alzheimer's, I thought I would do a quick check from any RELIABLE authority (and not just some news clip on some health freak site).

I could NOT find any link at all for butcher paper and Alzheimers.

BUT....

I did find this blurb about Aluminum Foil and Alzheimer's from the Alzheimer's Association (can't get much more official than that)...
http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_diseas...sk_factors.asp

It said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzheimer's Association
Aluminum not a cause

During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in causing Alzheimer’s disease. This suspicion led to concerns about everyday exposure to aluminum through sources such as cooking pots, foil, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Almost all scientists today focus on other areas of research, and few experts believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.
Did you know that Aluminum Foil was currently believed by a small handful of todays scientists to be a cause of Alzheimer's? I'm not sure if the percentage is higher or lower than the number of scientists that deny Climate Change though.

So, there it is....ummm.....well....

FArk...

What was I saying????
Yes, I own a whole bunch of BBQ crap also.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Get your MOINK Certification today!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club member
bigabyte is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->