View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Show me smoke
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeinthenoke View Post
Cool. Got any details about parts/design for this? Looks like exactly what I need.
I could not find one to buy so I made it. It was a regular 1000lb swivel jack, I cut the foot off and made the axel out of 2 inch angle I welded the bottom of the jack onto the angle..under the angle I welded on a 1/2 inch solid steel rod. I mounted the solid neumatic tires onto that axel. ( no air to leak out). To make the handle to pull with is just some scrap pipe...I welded on a couple steel tabs to the front of the angle and drilled a hole in it and so that a bolt can be inserted through some square tubing. I welded solid rod onto that tubing, it will fit into the pipe the handle is made out of so that it can be removed....I bought the jack from croft trailer...pretty common...the tires were from Tractor supply rest was from the scrap heap in back of the shop. It was all mounted to the cross member by a cutting out a square 1/4 steel plate, welding that to the cross member and then bolting the jack to that mounting plate...Sound more complicated than it is...
Show me smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->