View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #35
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWayne View Post
My wife enjoys my BBQ quite a bit but doesn't want to eat smoked que every weekend. I normally get a rack of ribs for myself or smoke some fatties when I feel the need to fill my addiction.
How about trying some outdoor cooking WITHOUT smoke?

Think about it.....you still get to practice your fire mastering skills, your air control, your timing, flavor profiles, etc. and she (and you) can also enjoy roasted chicken, pit roasted pork loin, meatloaf, etc.
Then there's grilling, which opens up a WHOLE NEW bunch of fun. There's grilled fish, veggies, bread, pizza, etc.

Some people get sick of the smoke, so just cut out the smoke, if that'll keep her happy.

Another thing I'll do is cook up a bunch of chickens one afternoon and then pull the meat off the bones, portion and save for later (enchiladas, tacos, nachos, soups, etc.). I get to play with brining, seasoning, trimming, injecting, whatever I want to do to 4, 6 8 or even 10 chickens all day long and she get's "ready to use" pulled, chunked or chopped chicken in the freezer. It saves us money AND it's better than canned chicken pieces.

I do this same thing with butts too......I can't remember the last time I only cooked 1 or 2 butts. Seems I always do at least 6 at once these days.
Large BGE (chambersuac's)
Onyx Oven
The Fiery Furnace (chambersuac's)
Big JT's Smokin' BBQ Competition Team
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote