View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Finished my smokehouse build today

Thanks to Cowgirl for her advice and support in seeing me threw this smokehouse build. It is pretty much her design.

I intend to use this for cold smoking bacon, salmon, cheese and numerous other things....

Here is a finished picture. The dark wood is reclaimed French Oak that was previously used in wine barrels to age chardonnay. It was moldy and gross until I hit it with the planer. Beautiful wood

Here is the smoke source. I use a fan on the inlet ball valve and the smoke is being generated by an A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER inside the cut down drum.

I put a valve on the outlet of the house to modulate the smoke flow.

I've run it three times so far and it smells awesome! I've got a couple pork bellies curing and they will get smoked next weekend. Can't wait!

If you are interested in building one, I suggest you check out Cowgirl's website here http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/...mokehouse.html

www.amlwoodart.com
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->