Thread: Prime Rib?
View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #15
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Personally,I like to cook them indirect,lo n slo,250f dome til they reach an interior temp of no more than 120f.Tent loosely with foil for 20 to 30 minutes to rest,then slice and serve.You will get many opinions about searing,reverse searing and such.I do not think this is necessary.To each his own.Good luck and post pics.Season with whatever seasonings you like before roasting.
My method is similar to what Hoss describes. After a lot of discussion on here, especially with Landarc, I've actually gone to lower temps and cook at 225 until 125 internal. At the lower cook temp you don't get as much carry over so I take it a little farther before resting. The lower cook temp give a more even cook temp on the inside. If you have folks who want theirs more done you can toss their slice on the grill for a couple of minutes or have a bath of beef stock handy and dip it in there for a minute to cook it further.

BTW, here is our FAQ...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/faq.php

It includes a lot of info on the forum including the details on the search function.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->