View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #17
NCoonis
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Nice looking build, it's kind of an offset-UDS. First step is definetly a couple new thermometers to find out whats going on in the cook chamber.

I'm thinking you might also have an air flow problem thats limiting your fire. Four 3/4 inch inlets only gives you about 4.7 square inches inlet and the 2 inch outlet only gives you about 3.1 square inches out. My gut says thats too small but there are lots of UDS builds with about the same; difference is the fire is in the UDS, not offset. I've never used one but maybe one of those BBQ Guru things with a blower would let you improve air flow without cutting more or larger inlets and exhaust. Let us know how it turns out.
Thanks dwfisk! I appreciate your compliments. I couldn't really find any upright offset drum smokers anywhere so I thought I'd try one. Maybe there's a reason why I couldn't find another on like it! Haha!!

I think you're right about the airflow, definitely the exhaust. I think I'll start with new gauges, then more exhaust and see what happens from there. Two bad those 3/4" ball valves are like 14$ each!
NCoonis is offline   Reply With Quote