View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbassman5 View Post
I only start with 10 to 15 briquettes. A 1/4 chimney full, especially if using the large weber brand one, will yield too hot of a temp when they are completely ashed over. Next time try only 10 or 12 briquettes and see if that helps. Works great for me. Also, I've learned that the PBC is a cooker that likes to heat up but not cool down and since their is no effective way to control intake, the temps depends a lot on how hot your starting fire is aka how many lit briquettes you start with.

My $.02..
^^^^^
this worked best for me, start with less fuel, WATCH IT CLOSLEY at the beginning and dont let it get to happy. After I add the lit coals to the baskert, i wait 10 minutes and put the cover on and watch where the temp settles in.. If its to low, i crack the lid, SLIGHTLY.. and watch it closly. Once it settles in at 270, i put the lid all the way on, and it takes a few minutes to settle at 280-290.

also, uyour does look open much more than mine.. mines open about halfway.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->