View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #45
is One Chatty Farker

Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q View Post
Tish, I've put it on a stainless table. I felt the table top after cooking on it and it was fairly warm but not too hot to touch. I had considered putting in on a piece of porcelain tile or raising it up on ceramic feet (from my Egg) but found it unnecessary on the metal table. I think I would raise it or protect the top of a plastic or maybe wood table but it might be overkill. I'll try to remember to get a temp reading off the bottom using my IR gun on next use.
Hate to bump this post after 3 weeks but I finally got around to doing a little cooking on it again and took some readings off the bottom of the cooker with an IR gun and the hottest temps I got off the bottom was around 150 degrees. Not too bad.

XL [COLOR=darkgreen][B]BGE[/B][/COLOR], Large [B][COLOR=#006400]BGE[/COLOR][/B], Small [COLOR=darkgreen][B]BGE[/B][/COLOR], Mini [COLOR=darkgreen][B]BGE[/B][/COLOR], Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, Santa Maria Grill, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket [B][COLOR=red]Red[/COLOR][/B] Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber [URL=""]handles[/URL] by brethren martyleach

[U][URL=""]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->