View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #92
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

INMHO this a monster thread about choice. I was really naive when I purchased a ceramic cooker. But I can cook. The most basic grill can produce wonderful results in the hands of a skilled cook master. I hesitate to use the word chef as I am a former restaurateur and loathe the chef attitude. Who really cares what you cook on if you can produce results. I have seen many a fellow brethren state that they have a open fire pit with a grate. Last week I was at a birthday party for my 1 year old Grandson. I brought meat for the grill and when I got there they're gasser wouldn't work. No problem....went into the kitchen, took the racks out of the oven, set them over my daughters fire pit, set the gasser grates on top using a few bricks to elevate the cookin surface and boom.... we were in business. Some of you have read my posts particularly about pizza and I am a major proponent of simple. The more simple your approach is to cooking the more stellar your results and reviews will be. If you feel the need to buy the latest and greatest equipment available, more power to you. I applaud your spirit. I too have looked for answers to my burnt out gasser's burners and have bought a ceramic grill and still replaced the gasser's burners. I look at my gasser as a fast and furious or hurricane relief cooker alternative. But in reality...will this be the last cooker standing, I doubt it! Will I continue to invest or construct fire breathing, smoke ingesting cauldrons of joy? Oh God I hope so! No more words!

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG
Member KCBS, FBA
Pitmaster at "Sultans of Sting" BBQ Team it's a French thing!
http://www.charredapron.com
CharredApron is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.