THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Grilled top sirloin and prawns for dinner last night, along with sides. Here's the story;

The stars of the show:
Surf-n-TurfPlus043_zps810193e7.jpg

I started by prepping the prawns. I tried something a little different and boy did they turn out good. First I sauted the mushrooms in a bunch of butter, then I let that cool down just so that the butter was still melted but not hot. then I put in the prawns with some Plowboys Fin and Feather which has a tart profile and also some SM Sweet and Spicey and just let all that "marinate" if you will, at room temp while I prepped some more.
Surf-n-TurfPlus050_zpsb906887c.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus052_zpsb6b08026.jpg

Seasoned up the sirloin with just fresh ground sea salt, pepper and granulated garlic. I can't believe I didn't get a pic, but I'm guessing you all have seen that before, lol. Next Item was grilled onions that I do in my Cuisinart Griddler. I cut the onion into halves drizzle with melted butter, and in this case dusted with some SM Sweet and Spicey.
Surf-n-TurfPlus055_zpsb96aae59.jpg

Then sliced up some taters, mixed them with a little oil and SM season all, these went in the oven while the other prep was going on.
Surf-n-TurfPlus001_zpsc7d7ef1a.jpg

Skewered the prawns and mushrooms;
Surf-n-TurfPlus056_zps7e9f5aab.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus058_zps9aab937a.jpg

At some point here I got the WSJ fired up with some lump. When the taters were near done I started firing up everything else;
The onions;
Surf-n-TurfPlus005_zps7989925f.jpg

Steak on;

Surf-n-TurfPlus009_zpsd0d50d79.jpg

Prawns on after the steak was turned;
Surf-n-TurfPlus014_zpsfda4cf9f.jpg

Check the onions
Surf-n-TurfPlus006_zps991e6ca9.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus008_zps093b0b85.jpg

coming along nicely, check the prawns;
Surf-n-TurfPlus016_zpse8d1491a.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus015_zpsc9d3c476.jpg

already had the steak off, now the prawns went to join, check the onions again, they are done, taters are done, vegies are done, sooooooooo, everybody joins the party;
Surf-n-TurfPlus021_zps001dcb89.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus018_zps504922fb.jpg

Some bite shots;
shrimp and mushroom
Surf-n-TurfPlus022_zps103975d6.jpg

Surf-n-TurfPlus031_zps90bc2c07.jpg

Steak and onions
Surf-n-TurfPlus041_zps2ec922f4.jpg

One of the best dinners I've had in a long time. The steak was just a little more done than I like, but was stiil very good, especially with the grilled onions. The prawns were outta site, gotta do those again and soon. I had some cocktail sauce for the prawns, only used it on 1 bite, they were better standing on there own, delicious!

Overall, I was more than happy with it all.

Hope ya'll enjoyed it, I know I did.

KC

Looks great! I love surf 'n turf on the grill. :hungry:

Did you ever try grilling the veggies on the Weber as well? I do spuds all the time like that (but I need to try some of my rubs rather than just EVOO and S&P.) You can even do the onions but you have to be really careful on the wire grill as they like to sneak into the fire. I use a CI grate with close spacing to minimize that.

Back