View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Bull, my biggest problem with dough of any kind has always been the kneading. That and following instructions. And measuring. So, I have a new system that works pretty well.

It does require time however. What I do:

1. Get a plastic or glass tub, put two packets of dry yeast in. Then add 1 cup of warm water, 1 cup of flour and mix. Let sit over night in the fridge.

2. This can actually be kept as a starter, but, I don't. The next morning, I add in another cup of water, mixed with 2 cups of flour. Mix this all together and get on with your day, letting this sit in the fridge until an hour before you want dinner.

3. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for 2 minutes, maximum. Roll into smooth balls and set aside. I like balls about fist sized, but, for larger pizzas, go grapefruit sized (I assume your fist in not the size of a grapefruit, I guess that is a bad assumption) 3" diameter for small pizza, 6" diameter for larger pizza.

4. You can roll, stretch or even toss this dough, it will be soft and easy to work. If it is elastic, you kneaded it too hard. Also, work it when it is room temperature for easier results.

It looks like this when ready:

It looks like this when cooked:

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->