View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
ButtBurner
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop916 View Post
Brinkmann charcoal smokers are best described as perfect entry level smokers which introduce versatile functionalities all in one single charcoal-grill-smoker combined slow cooker. As above, the two are pretty similar in both construction and smoking features. The Gourmet charcoal line is a little better in quality with some minor improvements, but it comes at a higher price. The Smoke'n Grill can be made useful and reliable by doing some 'mods' to the original construction. Also, you want to be sure to use the 'minion' method to have a long slow smoke session, (Google that one) which will ensure a more consistent, lower temperature. I have used mine with great success - even rescuing Thanksgiving turkey dinner after an oven failure.

Out of the box the Gourmet may have more features but it too will require some modification to be a reliable, set n' forget smoker. I guess it really comes down to how much you're looking to spend. Good luck and happy smoke'in!
there is a big difference in them

the cheaper one (top pic) the body is just a tube.

there is NO bottom on it. The bottom IS the charcoal pan, set on hangers. Like the water pan. Other than that its completely OPEN.

I know, I started with one.
ButtBurner is online now   Reply With Quote