View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #25
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Well, OK, I'll admit if you're one of those crazy "Hot and Fast" weirdo's, then the oven is pretty good. But for good old fashioned low and slow, nothing, and I mean NOTHING can beat the crock pot.

BUT...

The SMART Hot and Fast folks use a Pressure Cooker instead of an amateurish (at best) oven...and let's face it...a Pressure Cooker is really just a Hot & Fast Crock Pot if you think about it.

So...Crock Pot wins every time when you boil it all down, really. The oven is best suited for cookies, boxes of cake mix and frozen pizza.
So, you gave up the Woodpile, and decided to whack-a-doodle Q-Talk.

Back to the OP, after the first few hours of smoke, there is no real reason to not move the meat to an oven, other than feeling all cavemen and drinking beer. There is just something primal about cooking meat over fire. It may taste the same to everyone else, but if you are the person who cooked the meat over a fire for hours, it tastes way better than meat cooked any other way.

That, and I can't see myself sitting in a lawn chair in my kitchen, drinking beer next to the oven.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->