View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynotch347 View Post
This is why I just bought an Assassin, the tape lines and seals turned me off on the bomber. Not saying its a bad cooker because of those things but after all my research on verticals I couldn't get those images out of my head!

I bet the Bomber proves to be an excellent smoker. But I'm an Engineer, and when I look at those photos I cringe. It's just a personal thing for me, again, I'm sure it'll be OK and cook excellent food. AND, it is 1/2 the cost of an Assassin - not a minor issue - cash is always a big part in the decisions I make too.

But Nasty, I agree, these pics were just one of a number of reasons I did not consider a BY Bomber. Like you, I just couldn't get the images of all those welds, sloppy paint, messy silicone, and wavy and irregular gaskets out of my head. The fact is, if that's the part you can see, I would not like the parts I can't see either. If I were to purchase something built like what is shown in the photos, I wouldn't even be able to sleep at night - that's the truth.

My wife would say that I'm overly anal about these sorts of things when they don't matter, and she's probably right. One of the "banes" of being an Engineer.

I am anxious to hear about how these new MJH bombers cook though. I'm betting they cook awesome Que, and in the end, it is all about the eating for me . . . . .
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote