View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
Lets say you book a date and get a non refundable deposit and a signed contract. Then a few months later the client calls and cancels the date and several weeks go by and you book the date for another person. Then for what ever reason the client that canceled calls and decides that they are in fact going through with the event and want to keep you booked. I'm thinking it would be hard to say no being that they have a signed contract.

What would need to be done if someone cancels? Do they need to send you a form stating they are canceling? My contract says if they cancel with in 30 days of the event they owe me 50% of the adjusted invoice and I always get full payment 10 days prior to the event so I don't have to chase them down at the event, plus I get my money before the weather forecast can change their mind when it calls for rain and they did not plan for it.

I'm thinking that asking for the notice of cancellation in writing, what do you do/think?
Oral testimony can not supersede written documents. If you do not have their cancellation in writing..... they did not cancel and you have a contract.

Long story short, you have two catering gigs on that date and they would win in court.
Hawg Father of Seoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->