View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
Bob in St. Louis
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I know what you mean Pappy. It's not that it's "bad", (assuming you're a sauce kind person), it's just that when it's all you've known, then you stumble on a place like this that expands your horizons, then you begin to see what the world is all about.

By the way, I'd like to say that in my twisted sense of humor, I may have offended some folks with the whole "you people rub me the wrong way". With so many tongue in cheek ways to use the word "butt" and "rub" as there are, it's hard to come up with something new. I meant no harm. After all, since I paid my yearly due, then technically I am now "one of you people".
It was my attempt at an eye catcher of a title.

My original plan with the rubs was to do the smoke tomorrow, but I bought the butts on the way home tonight. The family asked if there was any particular reason I was waiting until tomorrow to smoke. Since I couldn't give a good reason, I fired up the smoker (WSM 22.5) and we're doing our 2nd overnight cook right now. Since the first cook ended with freezing rain on the WSM, tonight should be much better since it's near 70 outside.

I've only got two butts, so unfortunately, one of the rubs will have to wait until the next smoke. That would be The Money Rub from BPS.

On the left (marked with a stick) is the 3 Eyz
On the right is the Simply Marvelous.
Of course, a nekkid fattie in the middle.

I thought I'd use the bamboo stick to mark the 3 Eyz rub, because of the stick in the eye, and that's why the pig has a patch over one eye.
Oh well, I thought it was cute.

Here's the pron. More in the am. Have a good evening!
By the way, these butt are more than 8 pounds each. The largest I've ever seen.