View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
is One Chatty Farker

Hi Jed,
Thanks for sharing your expertise. I'm having a go at making my first pizza tonight so I'm studying the info I can find at my favorite forums. It was good to see your post at the top of the heap here.

I've already made the dough using a recipe I found for a whole wheat dough (2C whole wheat flour and 1 1/2C all purpose flour.) Probably won't be as good as your crust but hopefully better for us.

I'm going to bake it on a Weber kettle. I know I can't do 750F but I think I can coax my 26 to about 500F with two chimney's of lump. I understand that one of the issues when using a kettle is to get enough heat to the top of the pizza w/out charring the bottom of the crust. I bought some fire brick (1 1/4" thick) to build a platform on the middle of the cooker and will put the pizzas on 9" cast iron tortilla griddles to bake them. (I know that's pretty non-traditional, but lacking a proper peel it looks like my best fall back.)

Sorry to hear about the business. Chicago only just modified their laws to permit food carts/trucks. I'm sure there was a lot of pressure from brick and mortar restaurants to prevent that. Hopefully that will work out for the eating population in town.
Weber Crazy
HankB is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->