View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbaughn View Post

I like your dough recipe since it's quick and easy, but what do you think of slow fermentation and less kneading, and perhaps slow rise with sourdough starters? Ever worked with it at all? I've heard that the oxidation from lots of kneading impedes overall rise, but I haven't done enough work on it on my own, been too busy working on my Q really when I have the time and money. Anywho, just gonna get your take on all that slow fermentation jazz since you probably know a whole lot more than me from experience and age. Have a great one man, awesome looking pies you put out.
There are as many variations on the subject as there are concerning how to cook a pork butt. I find that pizza dough should be handled as little as possible. In Italy they never refrigerate their dough. It is made in the morning and cooked that night so it ferments that day only. I find that I personally like it after it has fermented for 3 or 4 days in the fridge. google VPN association and you will find a ton of information from the experts in Naples.
Thanks for reading my post!
Jed

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ, and Founder French Bbq Association www.kcbs.fr
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote