View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
Babbling Farker

Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post

I cooked that on a home BBQ, and temps were near 700f.
Note that the radiant heat consistency allowed for better control and less heat spots on mine compared to yours in the speciality oven.
They are both delicious looking but I'm not sure you are right about looking down on some of the high tech insulated cooking gear for backyard cookers.

My method of dough making required no kneading, provers or machines, and I think it is the equal of that one from the looks of it, certainly I haven't had better at commercial places.
NICE, I couldn't get better for sure. High tech insulated cooking gear is great, I simply meant " Simple ingredients" more often than not people tend to over compenstate by adding sugar, oil, enhancers etc to their dough. It is hard to learn simple! Thanks for your input,
Follow me at Uncle Jed's BBQ and like the new French Barbecue Association, on Facebook. Proud recipient of the coveted "Aussie Lamb Farker Tick of Approval" Award

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ, and Founder French Bbq Association
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->