View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #84
Pole D
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Sorry I'm just now getting to post my impression of the class. I took so many notes and have so many pictures that its taking me a while to get everything straightened out!

First off I'd like to the thank the entire group for putting on a great class and really being open and friendly with everyone. I'd also like to say that the other students were also friendly and willing to share their experiences.

The location - what can I say. You've seen the picture posted above and that doesn't really do it justice. The location is actually part of a Boys and Girls Club so the class actually helped support the Club. In addition, for me it was an easy sell to the Mrs. because we stayed in Orlando and the family got to go to Disney and Universal while I was in class.

The instruction - Both teams laid it all out for us. Obviously I can't go into detail but it was great seeing both of them go through the entire cook. They definitely have two different styles but the thing that I came away with is the need for have a system and sticking to the system. Consistency is the key. We were allowed to get up close to everything that was going on. This leads to the only negative that someone might have with the class (just being honest). The video could have been better. There was a camera setup so you could see things if you weren't up close but it kept going out. For me this was very minor and didn't bother me. However, I'm 6'1" so I can see how it may have been a problem for others.

The food - we got fed a great prime rib dinner friday night and saturday we got to taste the four categories from two of the top KCBS teams. It doesn't get much better than that.

The atmosphere - like I said everyone was great. Very friendly and willing to share with each other. Of course I'd expect nothing less seeing as how many of the attendees were Brethren. Heck Rub was so accommodating that he gave me the shirt off his back! We all received goodie bags and a t-shirt. Well there was a small mix up and my shirt was a 3xl. He didn't have anything smaller to trade out for so he ended up giving me his shirt! So PM me if you want to buy a shirt worn by a Jack Daniels Champion and the person that has had the most wins in Ribs and Brisket since 2006!

Great class. Great time.
Pole D is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->