View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

yes propane does assist to maintain constant temp, however I load up fire box and when cooking from friday-sat sun 24 hours a day it only goes thru 1 to 1 1/2 20 pound picnic jug. Oilers work great, not all of them are NSF rated...I really like my southern prides and lots of times I have the propane removed and it cooks just fine. Just cant baby sit, ..as i load up the cookers at 10 pm with 24 butts..12 briskets ...fill the fire box and go home..get back at 8 or 9 in the morning and all ready to come out..but the question at hand is what can this guy use in a confined space and he has very few options and they will be a electric deal..now you can debate about using gas assist and yes the flavour is better on a straight log burner, however this is not the debate here...
however when running a bbq biz, I have to lean towards something that will make my job easier and spliitng logs and maintaining a fire box will not help the work load...yes an oiler is top of the line for that style of smoker..but this guy needs to look at a cookshack or the littel sp..and there are a few others that are NSF rated..

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->